By Frederick T. Leong, Linda Juang, Desiree B. Qin, Hiram E. Fitzgerald
This first-of-its-kind, two-volume set examines actual, mental, social, and environmental components that undermine―or support―healthy improvement in Asian American children.
• Contributions from most sensible scholars/researchers within the box nationwide
Купить закладки россыпь в Светогорске Read or Download Asian American and Pacific Islander Children and Mental Health [2 volumes] (Child Psychology and Mental Health) PDF
Best mental health books
Paul Kline's most recent ebook offers a readable smooth account of the psychometric view of intelligence. It explains issue research and the development of intelligence assessments, and indicates how the ensuing elements supply an image of human talents. Written to be transparent and concise it none the fewer offers a rigorous account of the psychometric view of intelligence.
Psychiatry this present day is a barren tundra, writes scientific historian Edward Shorter, the place medicinal drugs that do not paintings are used to regard illnesses that do not exist. during this provocative quantity, Shorter illuminates this dismal panorama, in a revealing account of why psychiatry is "losing floor" within the fight to regard melancholy.
Say see you later to dreary colors of black and white and begin seeing the realm for the prism of colour it's with this fresh and inventive consultant! In a special mix of paintings, actions, and uplifting anecdotes, 21 how you can a Happier melancholy leads you on a hands-on trip to private development. Getting you out of 1 of "those moods" will be as easy as:• Making the mattress • Nurturing a plant • portray shapes in loops and hues • Breaking down your paintings right into a to-do record • Getting a clean new glance with a few various décor, or perhaps a haircut!
- Major depressive disorder : a medical dictionary, bibliography, and annotated research guide to Internet references
- Hijacked by Your Brain: How to Free Yourself When Stress Takes Over
- How to Be Miserable: 40 Strategies You Already Use
- Whispers Through a Megaphone
Extra info for Asian American and Pacific Islander Children and Mental Health [2 volumes] (Child Psychology and Mental Health)
Nguyen, Huang, Arganza, & Liao, 2007) of mental health concerns like depression as do White Americans. , Choi, Harachi, Gillmore, & Catalano, 2006). General Psychosocial Adjustment Studies drawing on Asian American youth samples, first started in the 1970s, have consistently shown that Asian American students reported higher levels of distress and emotional and social adjustment difficulties than White Americans (see Abe & Zane, 1990, for a review). , 2006). , 2006). Depression and Suicide A number of studies have found that Asian American children and adolescents reported elevated levels of depression and suicide ideation rates compared to other ethnic groups (Abright & Chung, 2002; Harker, 2001).
4. In this chapter, the term “immigrant children” refers to immigrant children and children of immigrants. 5. S. (general) population, Asians and Latinos also have a growing consequence on public health (Hussey, 2007). 6. This latter part (social value) was true for all Latinos and first- and secondgeneration Asians in the sample. 7. For more explanations, see Suárez-Orozco et al. (2006) and Palacios et al. (2008). 8. Given the racial disparities that persist today, it is not just the cultural changes, but also the racial structures that are critical to one’s adaptation in the United States.
Washington, DC: National Academy of Science Press. Hayes-Bautista, D. (2004). La Nueva California: Latinos in the Golden State. Berkeley and Los Angeles, CA: University of California Press. , & Charney, E. (1998). From generation to generation: The health and well-being of children in immigrant families. Washington, DC: National Academy Press. , & Bauer, D. (2007). Sexual behavior and drug use among Asian and Latino adolescents: Association with immigrant status. Journal of Immigrant Health, 9, 85–94.
Categories: Mental Health